What Does the San Benito County Republican Party Do?
We are Your Local Republican party
- Monthly meetings
- Endorse Candidates and make sure people get out and vote for them
- Weigh in on local matters
- Register voters
- Promote Republican Party endorsed positions
- Defend the Republican "Brand" in San Benito County
The Republican Brand
- Limited government: You are the best person to make decisions for yourself and your family.
- Low taxes: You are the best person to decide how your money is spent and higher taxes are always to fund a bigger government.
- Patriotism: America is a great country, unique with the opportunities it provides everyone and a country designed by its founders to limit government and emphasize the rights we have.
- Federalism: Local governments and states are where the best decisions are made.
- Personal freedoms: Living with minimal interference from the government.
- Local school boards add significantly to our property taxeswith their bond measures, and choose the curriculm for the classroom.
- The Board of Supervisors and City Councils heavily influence and/or determine rates for electricity, gas, garbage, water, sewer, and other services.
- Elected officials spend our tax monies and sometimes choose expensive "feel good" options over the best service for the lowest cost.
- Higher costs hurt the poor and the middle class the most.